Turkey is an incredible amalgamation of western and middle eastern culture & traditions. With a splendid demographic location, the richest historical & amazing tourist destinations of Turkey are always the major highlights for any explorer to enjoy after the scrumptious food menus here. Surely the pandemic will turn out as a huge obstacle in trying out the delicious street food wonders yet, there are numerous places that you can explore during Covid-19(under certain guidelines). It’s necessary to secure your safety first by going through all the essential travel updates in Turkey during Covid-19 mentioned below. There are various necessary paper works and tests that must be completed before departure from your origin country to enter the premises of Turkey. Hence, keep your traveler’s aura intact and make your safety a primal concern.
Read More: Best Cities in Turkey to Visit
Updated Travel Guidelines in Turkey
- Effective from 15th March 2021 all the International Passengers who will arrive in Turkey (excluding transit passengers and passengers under age 6) are subjected to fill in the Turkey Entrance Form(72 hr prior to departure). Click here to access the form. Printed scripts or mobile screenshots of the filled form are acceptable to the airline crew before boarding.
- The existing, travel restrictions of Turkey effective from December 30, 2020, still apply to every passenger. Traveler has to submit a negative PCR test that must have been taken within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin(excluding kids under 6 years, sailors, and transit passengers)
- All passengers must wear masks at the airports and during flights.
- All passengers have to complete the passenger information form while arriving in Turkey.
- The temperature measurement of travelers at airports persists for passengers flying to Canada, Singapore, Guanzo, and for passengers using hot connection points.
- All arrivals from Brazil and South Africa are partially barred in Turkey.
- The passengers who transited through Brazil and South Africa within the last 10 days are subjected to quarantine for 14 days at places selected by the Turkish official authorities on their arrival in the country.
- Whereas on the 10th day of the quarantine period, passengers will be subjected to undergo a second PCR test and if the test result is negative, then the isolation period will end as well.
- Passengers 6 years and older who went through the above-mentioned countries must submit a negative PCR test result (taken 72-hours prior to departure) on their arrival.
- From April 22, 2021, All passengers who went through India within the last 10 days are ordered to quarantine for 14 days at destinations provided by Turkish official authorities on their arrival.
- After the subjected quarantine period, passengers will undergo a second PCR test and if the test result is negative, the isolation period will end as well.
- Passengers 6 years and older who transited to India within the last 10 days will have to submit a negative PCR test result(taken 72-hours prior to departure).
- Currently effective from May 15, 2021, a PCR test will not be asked from the passengers arriving in Turkey from Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea, Israel, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, United Kingdom, Latvia, Luxembourg, Ukraine, and Estonia.
List of Top 5 Places to Visit in Turkey
1.The City Of Ephesus
The city of Ephesus is an ancient city in Selcuk, Turkey. It is a small town 30 km away from Kusadasi, which is usually isolated from the city’s hustle. It is one of the famous places to visit in Turkey which suits best for those who wish to find a peaceful and quiet environment. Legends say this city was dedicated to Greek Goddess Artemis, the huntress. It has been a renowned commercial center for Romans & Greeks from historical times. Now you can witness a plethora of ruins, like The Great Theatre and the Library of Celsus at this incredible tourist destination. Don’t forget to get your presents at the local crafts or souvenir shopping from this city.
Eminonu is a bustling harborside city in Turkey. This is immensely famous for its Bosphorus strait connections with the Black Sea with the Mediterranean. Travelers might miss this unique tourist destination of Turkey often due to its least popular attractions. Yet taking a complete Bosphorus tour by night on glittery lighted ferries is the most romantic ride you can find in entire Turkey. The ferry leaves before dusk offering breath-taking views of Istanbul sunset & skyline. You can also choose a private tour, luxury yachts, or cruises to spend some quality time with your beloved while gazing at the vibrant hues of the city. Souvenir hunting at Egyptian Spice Bazaar is one of the exhilarating adventures here, that you must not miss at all.
Visit: famous monument in Turkey
Bodrum used to be a pleasant fishing village with a population of a few thousand people long before. But now this city has progressed into one of the top vacation hotspots of Turkey that any explorer mustn’t miss. Apart from its fabulous beaches and exciting water sport activities you can explore The Bodrum Castle, the Museum of Underwater Archaeology, Myndos Gate, and the ancient Bodrum Theatre for dwelling more into this small wonder of Turkey. The best time to visit this popular tourist destination in Turkey– June, and September.
4. Zeugma Mosaic Museum
Zeugma Mosaic Museum is the best site to land for art lovers & history geeks. This is the biggest mosaic museum in the world that you’ll ever administer. Apart from its exclusive glory, this majestic museum displays the mosaic collections that were excavated from the city of Zeugma. Some of the prodigious mosaics are more than two thousand years old. You’ll be thrilled to witness the epic craftsmanship of the Roman artists that can be experienced at the top interesting museums of Turkey. This is the best place to visit in Turkey with family.
5. Sahaflar Carsisi
Sahaflar Carsisi would be a dreamland for the bookworms out there! This place to visit in Turkey is flooded with second-hand books that are available at the cheapest rates possible. Sahaflar Carsisi is the perfect shopping destination for book lovers. This is also one of the oldest historical bazaars in Fatih, Istanbul. Finding antique old and new books is a casual tradition here. It is open for entire weeks, except Sundays. Just beware of the fake items if you wish to buy some collectible expensive book sets. Hone your bargaining skills a bit more to nail the deals here. Learning a few Turkish words would come to your rescue at some point, so try that too.
Read More:Famous Foods to Eat in Antalya
Essential Things to Pack
- Sunscreen, hats, summer vacation clothing, water shoes, insect repellants, reusable water bottles & goggles.
- In First aid kids, apart from casual meds for a loose motion or usual fever, this time you must not miss an ASTM-certified surgical mask along with a cloth mask(to practice the double masking technique) & well-adjusted sets of sanitizers for personal protection.
Read More: Best Outdoor Activities in Turkey to Enjoy
Hope you liked the aforementioned list of safe & famous places to visit in Turkey. There are endless amazing destinations that are still missing out from this list as it’s super arduous to get to the 5 best tourist destinations of Turkey when there are tons of tempting things still left to do. Besides, it is necessary to get updated with the latest travel guidelines in Turkey to make your further commutes more stress-free. Surely the Covid-19 pandemic is persisting all across the world but countries like Turkey have presented an applauding work in avoiding the transcending Covid-19 cases. So keep exploring and visit Adequate Travel Blogs to find more engaging travelogues.
The post Best Places to Visit in Turkey | Latest Travel Restriction Guidelines in Turkey (Updated) appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.