This article will explore the best 5-star hotels in Barcelona. Barcelona is known to be the capital of Catalonia in Spain. This Mediterranean and cosmopolitan city are the most beautiful example of 20th century Modernism and avant-garde with Roman remains, medieval quarters. It is no surprise that emblematic constructions by the Catalan architects Antoni Gaudí and Lluís Doménech I Montaner have been declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO. Read below and get your top 5 star hotels in Barcelona:
List of 5 Star Hotels in Barcelona
1. Monument Hotel
Monument Hotel, known as one of the five star luxury hotels in Barcelona Spain is set in Barcelona just 5 minutes’ walk from both Gaudi’s masterpieces Casa Battló and La Pedrera, Monument Hotel offers you luxury services including a gourmet restaurant and a spa. Each elegantly decorated room is soundproofed and has a flat-screen TV with pay-per-view channels. You also get a Bluetooth sound system and a safe deposit box with a plug for charging laptop devices.
Why the Monument Hotel?
- This hotel is a 10-minute walk from Plaza Catalunya and Las Ramblas.
- Regular trains to Barcelona El Prat Airport leave from Paseo de Gracia Train Station, located just 300 m away.
- Enjoy free high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel.
Address: Paseo de Gracia, 75, Eixample, 08008 Barcelona, Spain.
Read More: Best Seafood Restaurants in Barcelona
2. OD Barcelona
D Barcelona is set in the Eixample district of Barcelona and gives you air-conditioned rooms with satellite flat-screen TV. This property boasting a 24-hour front desk and also provides guests with a seasonal outdoor pool. You can enjoy a selection of international cuisine in the in-house restaurant. Each room is fitted with a desk, a private bathroom, and a wardrobe. It is counted in one of the 5-star hotels in Barcelona Spain.
Why OD Barcelona?
- Buffet and à la carte breakfast are available each morning.
- OD Barcelona offers you a terrace.
- The nearest Barcelona El Prat Airport is 13 km away.
Address: Carrer d’Aragó, 300, Eixample, 08009 Barcelona, Spain.
3. Grand Hotel Central
Grand Hotel Central is set in a 20th-century building in the Eixample district of Barcelona. The air-conditioned rooms of this hotel have a modern design. All are equipped with a 32-inch Loewe TV, a free minibar replenished daily with soft drinks and snacks. Each one has a private bathroom with a large, rain-effect shower and free luxury toiletries. Grand Hotel Central is considered as popular 5 star hotels in Barcelona.
Why Grand Hotel Central?
- This hotel offers fantastic views of the Gothic Quarter and Barcelona Cathedral from its rooftop infinity pool.
- You get stylish rooms with free high-speed WiFi.
- This elegantly refurbished hotel is housed in an early 20th-century building and it is a clear example of the Catalan Noucentisme.
Address: Via Laietana, 30, Ciutat Vella, 08003 Barcelona, Spain.
Read More: Perfect Paragliding Places in Spain
4. Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL
Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL is set in the Eixample district of Barcelona. Each room has AC and a flat-screen TV. The hotel has 2 elegant restaurants name The Patio del Majestic Restaurant that serves buffet breakfast and an à la carte lunch, while Condal Restaurant serves dinner. You get also a piano bar, Bar del Majestic, with live music in the evenings. During the summer you can enjoy the Dolce Vitae Cocktail Bar, which is located by the pool and overlooks Barcelona. It is known as one of the five star hotels in Barcelona Spain.
Why Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL?
- The spa here features steam baths, a sauna and offers a range of treatments.
- You also get a fitness center.
- Gaudí’s Casa Batlló is just 100 m from while Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas are just 10 minutes’ walk away from Majestic Barcelona.
Address: Passeig de Gracia, 68, Eixample, 08007 Barcelona, Spain.
5. The Wittmore
The Wittmore is set in Barcelona. Each room has AC and a flat-screen TV. Free WiFi is offered throughout the hotel. Each comfortable and quiet room at this hotel is air-conditioned and comes with a flat-screen TV. Some rooms also provide you a seating area to relax in after a busy day. The rooms come with a private bathroom. Extras include bathrobes, slippers, and luxury toiletries. If you are looking for the best 5 star hotels in Barcelona just book this hotel.
Why The Wittmore?
- You can also hire a bike and car from the hotel.
- Plaza Reial is 400 m from while La Seu, Cathedral of Barcelona is 500 m from The Wittmore – Adults Only.
- The nearest Barcelona El Prat Airport is 13 km from the hotel.
Address: Riudarenes, 7, Ciutat Vella, 08002 Barcelona, Spain.
Read More: Popular Castles in Spain
6. Ohla Eixample
Ohla Eixample is set in Barcelona. Each well-interior room comes with a large bed and a private bathroom with a rainfall shower. You also get a 55-inch flat-screen satellite TV, a minibar with local delicatessen and a free safe for laptops. Your search for 5 star luxury hotels in Barcelona may complete here. A turndown service is also available. This hotel also has the Lobby Bar, a meeting point for both locals and hotel guests; and the Sky Bar, a creative cocktail bar. You can facilitate with an on-site gym, and beauty treatments and fashion services such as personal shoppers are available on requests.
Why Ohla Eixample?
- Ohla Eixample Offers a year-round heated outdoor pool with city views.
- It is a stylish boutique hotel located 10 minutes’ walk from two of Gaudi’s major works.
- You also get free high-speed WiFi throughout the hotel and a Clef d’Or Concierge service.
Address: Còrsega, 289, Eixample, 08008 Barcelona, Spain.
7. Almanac Barcelona
Almanac Barcelona is set in Barcelona in the Eixample district. This luxurious hotel has a panoramic rooftop bar, an exclusive pool and sun lounge. It is housed in a stylish, traditional building, all rooms have a minibar, a seating area with a flat-screen TV and high-speed internet connection. The bathroom has double marble sinks, a walk-in shower and includes a bathrobe and slippers. This amazing hotel is one of the top 5 star hotels in Barcelona.
Why Almanac Barcelona?
- The on-site restaurant Línia is a Mediterranean brasserie offers you a wide choice of regional cuisines.
- The hotel includes areas for fitness and wellness, a treatment room, a steam sauna, and a relaxation lounge.
- You can walk to Gaudi’s Casa Batlló and La Pedrera within 10 minutes; while Picasso Museum is 1 km away.
Address: Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes 619-621, Eixample, 08007 Barcelona, Spain.
Read More: Romantic Honeymoon Places in Spain
8. Ohla Barcelona
Almanac Barcelona is a boutique hotel is located in Barcelona’s historic center, close to Palau de la Música Concert Hall. Ohla Barcelona offers rooms with contemporary interior and large windows. A list of top 5 star hotels in Barcelona Spain is incomplete without this hotel. They all include a flat-screen TV, free WiFi, and an iPod dock. The modern bathrooms come with bathrobes, slippers and free toiletries. Some rooms also offer you views over the historic Gothic Quarter.
Why Ohla Barcelona?
- The rooftop swimming pool offers you fantastic city views with a chill-out terrace.
- Other facilities like a gym and a wellness area with a sauna you can enjoy it.
- This hotel is 300 m from Plaza Catalunya Square while Urquinaona Metro Station is only 200 m away.
Address: Via Laietana, 49, Ciutat Vella, 08003 Barcelona, Spain.
9. Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento
Almanac Barcelona, a boutique hotel is located in Barcelona built-in 1908 by the Modernist architect, Lluis Domènech I Montaner. Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento offers air-conditioned rooms at Casa Fuster G.L Monumento feature satellite TV and a minibar. There is a private bathroom with hairdryer, bathrobe, and slippers. Some rooms have a hydro-massage bath. It is one of the most famous 5-star hotels in Barcelona.
Why Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento?
- Hotel Casa Fuster G.L Monumento offers you a sauna and gym, and a roof terrace with a pool and excellent views.
- You can take a concierge service and a 24-hour front desk.
- You can hire a car from the tour desk to see sighting nearby villages and towns.
Address: Passeig de Gracia, 132, Gràcia, 08008 Barcelona, Spain.
Read More: National Parks in Spain
10. The One Barcelona GL
The One Barcelona GL a one of the best five-star hotels in Barcelona is set in a remarkable location, just 100 m from Gaudi’s La Pedrera and Paseo de Gracia shopping Boulevard. It features a rooftop panoramic plunge pool and a sundeck with views of Barcelona. A free high-speed Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. All 89 rooms boast pillow-top mattresses, Egyptian cotton linen with smart temperature control. You also get a 55-inch smart TV with international channels.
Why The One Barcelona GL?
- You can get a range of facial and body treatments are available at an extra cost
- There is also a 24-hour gym with innovative equipment.
- You can enjoy Limousine service to or from Barcelona El Prat Airport.
Address: 277, Carrer de Provença, Eixample, 08037 Barcelona, Spain.
So these are the 5-star hotels in Barcelona, with respect to its price and hospitality. You can choose according to your pocket and comfort zone. You also get the best luxury 5-star hotels in Barcelona as well as 5-star accommodations in Barcelona Spain.