Some Interesting Facts about Paris
Let’s have a look at some interesting Facts about Paris, There are reasons why Paris is one of the most popular cities among travelers. It is commonly Known as “City of Light” and “City of Love,” the streets of Paris overflow with culture, art, beauty, and history. Paris is a city which captures the hearts of millions every year.
Here are some Paris facts:
- The Eiffel Tower was supposed to be a temporary only for 20 years after being built for the 1889 World Fair.
- Originally Paris was a Roman City called “Lutetia.”
- It’s believed that Paris has only one stop sign in the entire city.
- A flat in Paris was left unoccupied and locked for 70 years, but the rent was paid every month, when the renter passed away, a painting by Boldini valued at more than $2 million was found inside the room.
- There are three replicas of the Statue of Liberty in Paris. The most famous of them exists on an island in the middle of the Seine which looks towards her sister statue in New York.
- The main bell of the Notre Dame Cathedral is named as Emmanuel which weighs over 13 tonnes.
- There are 6,100 streets in Paris, the shortest one is Rue des Degrés which is just 5.75 meters long and can be found in the 2nd arrondissement.
- The French army was the first to use masking, which comes from the French verb “to make up for the stage.” The army began wearing masking in 1915 during World War I.
- The first public screening of a movie was done by French brothers Auguste and Louis Lumière in December 1895. They used their invention “the cinématographe” to show 10 films of around 50 seconds each.
- Visitors to the Eiffel Tower have to climb 1,665 steps to reach at the top unless they take the elevator.
- There are hardly 270 steps to reach the Basilica of the Sacré Cœur.
If you are from another country and planning Paris trip, then it could be only possible by concerning a travel guide. And Adequate travel will be the best Online Travel Guide for you. Adequate Travel provides you with the best tourism places all over the world.
We are not providing you only about the tourist places, we are the very concern for visitors so we are telling you all those things which are required during a trip like, Accommodation facility, hotels, and other related pieces of information.