Synopsis: Shillong, the capital of Meghalaya in India, is again set to host the third edition of “The Hills Festival Meghalaya” in November. The event’s main draw is the “Food Pavilion,” which was set up on the festival’s final day to put a positive spin on things
Meghalaya is a beautiful place on the eastern coastline that is supposed to be the best destination to spend your summer vacation in India. It is also considered one of the best hill stations in India, where you will get serene mountains and deep, echoing valleys. There are so many hill stations in Meghalaya that are much more beautiful than the famous Himalayan Range.
The Hills Festival Meghalaya, one of India’s biggest music, food, and cultural festivals, will be held soon in Shillong, Meghalaya’s capital. Some of the best bands from all over the country and even the world will play at the festival. The two-day Shillong music festival will take place in the stunning surroundings of Umbir Village on the bank of Umami Lake on November 4 and 5, 2022.
Apart from the music event, the popular “Food Pavilion” will be the main attraction of this annual music event. In the “Food Pavilion,” guests will get to taste regional cuisine from various parts of the state. In this year’s event, “The Forage Aisle” will be a special attraction for everyone as native forage and regional wild foods from Meghalaya will be offered.
The organizers will also do a number of green things, and all of the backdrops for advertising and art installations at “The Hills Festival Meghalaya” will be made of materials that are good for the environment. Further, RO water stations and biodegradable serviceware would be installed at the event premises to ensure cleanliness. To cut down on waste, disposables made of recycled paper and bamboo would be used, and proper waste management strategies would be chosen to help the waste break down.
The goal of the Hills Festival, which is run by HYPE Meghalaya and supported by Meghalaya Tourism, is to make it a major tourist destination in the state.
Top highlights of “The Hills Festival Meghalaya”:
- Music event: HanuMankind, Bloodywood, Karan Kanchan, Taba Chake, Yung Raja, and many other intriguing artists are lineup to perform in the event.
- Food Pavilion: Famous Chef TZac will collaborate with regional chefs on a special menu featuring local foraged foods and wild foods from Meghalaya.
- Environment-friendly arrangements: This will be a completely eco-friendly festival held for the first time in Shillong. Only environmentally friendly materials will be used at the venue, which can further be recycled using Eco-friendly techniques.
- Kids-friendly Event: This will be a Kid friendly festival in Meghalaya as a special PlayCare section would also be arranged for children’s care.
- Cycling: They will also introduce a one-of-a-kind cycling path so that tourists can take in the picturesque scenery of Umbir village and Umami Lake.
- Camping: Guests will also be able to spend the night in comfortable camping tents while gazing at the stars.