Qatar Airways will increase passenger capacity to and from Perth
Sep 17, 2022 Italy
Here you can find the Roman Forum facts, The Roman Forum is one of the most visited sights in the world and was the political, administrative and religious center of Ancient Rome. here you will get to know some Roman Forum interesting facts which could help you to discover the Roman Forum history.
1. The Roman Forum is known but was not rediscovered until in 1803 archeologist Carlo Fea began excavations.
2. Forum name was given by the Romans to the central square of the urban settlement.
3. Prior is the site for the Roman Forum, the land was marshy.
4. The land used to build the Roman Forum is believed to have a burial site in the past.
5. Roman Forum history tells you that In the beginning, the Roman Forum was a popular marketplace but as soon as it developed it became the important center to the Roman Empire.
Read: The Trevi Fountain Facts
6. It took around more than 100 years for the excavations to clear the Roman Forum.
7. The ancient Latin name of Roman Forum was ‘Forum Romanum’.
8. The Roman Forum was the place where elections, public speeches, gladiator matches, and even trials of accused criminals took place.
9. Monuments and statues created in the Roman Forum were considered great in Ancient Rome. Some temples were constructed to honor men and some to honor gods.
10. It was common in Rome to build new buildings over old ruins.
11. When the Roman Forum fell into the disuse of its stone and marble which were used to build other buildings in Rome and its surrounding areas. The Vatican and churches in Rome have relics of the Roman Forum.
Also Read: Interesting fact about the Colosseum
12. The size of the Roman Forum was 170 meters by 250 meters.
13. Most of the structures at the Roman Forum were constructed during Julius Caesar’s reign and during Augustus, his successor’s reign.
14. In 410, most of the buildings were destroyed at the time when Rome was falling as an empire.
15. In the Middle Ages when the Roman Forum’s land was being used as pasture land for grazing animals, the area became known as ‘Campo Vaccino’, which means ‘cattle field’.
Read Also: Pantheon Facts
16. Some of the most famous ruins in the Roman Forum contains the Temple of Vesta, the Temple of Saturn, the Arch of Titus, the Rostra, the Temple of Castor and Pollux, and the Curia, the Senate House.
17. The Roman Forum includes banks, temples, public baths, markets, political venues, and was a famous place for social events.
18. The Roman Forum is so popular that it attracts approximately 4.5 million tourists each year.
Here we have described the interesting facts about the Roman Forum which help you to explore the Roman Forum history. Hope you have gathered some information regarding Roman Forum facts. To know more information regarding facts kindly concerned to our other articles as well. Please like our article and provide your views in the form of comment and share it.
Adequate Travel helps you find travel partners according to your likes and interests. Download the Adequate Travel app to meet new people and form instant connections.