Most Visited Monuments in Nicaragua l Famous Monument in Nicaragua
Sep 1, 2020 Italy
Here are some Trevi Fountain facts. The Trevi Fountain is an ancient fountain dating back to 19BC when the Aqua Virgo Aqueduct was built in Rome for providing water to its residents. It would be easy for you to discover the Trevi Fountain history. Before visiting Rome you should know the interesting facts about the trevi fountain which will create interest to explore more about the Eternal City ie Rome.
1) The Trevi Fountain, as designed by Nicola Salvi and was financed by a lotto that was held in Rome.
2) Travertine stone was used for the construction of Trevi Fountain, which is formed mostly in hot springs.
3) In the 4th century, Rome had 1352 fountains, each one is used for supplying water to its people. Most are still observed today. They still work, but the water is recycled just for show. Most de them have a pipe which provides clean water for drinking, but drinking directly from the fountains is not safe at all.
4) In 1734, during the construction of Trevi Fountain, a stonecutter was crushed by a huge block of travertine. There were several injuries and a few deaths occurred during its construction.
5) It took 32 years to build the Trevi Fountain which began in 1730 and ended in 1762.
6) Approximately 2,823,800 cubic feet of water is spilled by the Trevi Fountain each day.
7) Every day approximately $4000 US is thrown into the Trevi Fountain in the form of coins. This collected money is used mainly for charitable causes.
Also Read: Interesting fact about the Colosseum
8) From Trevi Fountain, it is illegal to steal coins. One man was caught after 34 years of stealing coins per night.
9) Throwing coins in Trevi Fountain has got some reason. One coin ensures you return trip to Rome, two coins are for those who are seeking love and the third coin symbolizes the wedding bells, which the very interesting facts about the Trevi Fountain.
10) The Trevi Fountain is Rome’s largest and most famous fountain. It is 85 feet (25.9 meters) high and 65 feet (19.8 meters) wide.
11) Trevi Fountain is Italy’s popular Baroque fountain. It has a highly decorative and ornate type of art and architecture.
12) Nicola Salvi died while the construction of Trevi Fountain was going on. Pietro Bracci has completed the monumental task.
13) Trevi Fountain history tells us that the three streets that are Via De Crocicchis, Via Poli, and Via Delle Muratte meet where Trevi Fountain is found. Some believe that a Roman goddess with three named Trivia protected the streets of Rome from her position where Trevi Fountain is situated.
14) At Trevi Fountain’s center, there are several figures including Oceanus, two horses, a Triton, Goddess Abundance, and the Goddess of Health.
15) The Trevi Fountain has been used in many films including La Dolce Vita, Roman Holiday, Three Coins in the Fountain, and The Lizzie McGuire Movie.
Here we have described the interesting facts about the Trevi Fountain which help you to explore the Trevi Fountain history. Hope you have gathered some information regarding Trevi Fountain facts. To know more about this information Kindly concerned to our other articles as well. Please like our article, provide you view in the form of comment and share it.
Adequate Travel helps you find travel partners according to your likes and interests. Download the Adequate Travel app to meet new people and form instant connections.