New Zealand is an adorable island that is renowned for its active volcanoes, waterfalls, and incredible current Prime Minister Jacinda Arden. The PM was praised even more during the Covid-19 surge as she dealt with the Corona pandemic super effectively. Tourism in New Zealand is now amongst the safest country to visit during Covid-19. Not only secure routes but the tourists are served with sustainable travel & socially distant transfers, adding more to their safety against Covid-19. New Zealand has an umpteen amount of extraordinarily appealing attractions to enjoy during your summer holidays. Ranging from fuming lava mountains to glowing worms in the caves the incredible places in New Zealand to visit never ceases to amaze the visitors. Astonishingly it is the only place in the world where you can experience all four seasons in one day. Isn’t it super cheap & budget-friendly? Let’s get some significant latest updates on New Zealand Tourism to make your journeys more informed and easy during Covid-19.
Latest Updates on New Zealand Travel Post Covid-19
- New Zealand has maintained some of the exemplary travel guidelines in the world since March 2020. In fact, the immaculate recovery of the travel industry earned its PM Jacinda Arden enormous praise for her work from across the world.
- According to the new rules, travelers won’t be strictly allowed to travel if they possess a positive Covid-19 test in the previous 14 days or show flu-like symptoms.
- All the people (including New Zealand citizens) are subjected to undertake 14 days of mandatory quarantine and must hold the negative test result for Covid-19 before exploring the public communities outside.
- All the tourists must manage isolation and quarantine facilities at their booking destination prior to travel. As the space booked will be presented before boarding.
- Travelers coming from the UK or the USA must also carry negative Covid-19 test results before boarding their flight to safely travel in New Zealand.
- All(including New Zealand citizens) travelers coming from India have been temporarily suspended, for two weeks from April 11, considering the hike of cases in the respective country.
- A two-way travel bubble between Australia and New Zealand opened on 26th April 2020, allows passengers to explore quarantine-free life between both countries after an extremely long restriction of 1 year.
- New Zealand has also agreed to a one-way travel bubble with the Cook Islands, which aids the tourists coming from the Cook Islands to arrive with quarantine-free entry into New Zealand. This is supposed to be promoted into a two-way bubble by May if everything lowers down to normal.
- Another one-way travel bubble from the Pacific Island of Niue was granted on March 24.
- All visitors and citizens for tracking the danger of Covid-19 zones and for personal safety are encouraged to use the NZ COVID Tracer app.
List of Places to Explore in New Zealand
1.Bay Of Islands
Bay of Island is the perfect paradise of Island that is best suited for yachts and sailing boat voyages among travelers. Set of around 144 islands adorn the necklace of the Bay of Islands in New Zealand. Such a collection creates an ideal place to visit in New Zealand after Covid-19. There are also various adventurous activities arranged at this destination ranging from Kayak on the coast, hiking at the island trails, secluded coves, and observing the undisturbed forests without any hustle. Creatures like dolphins, whales, big marlin, and penguins embellish this popular fishing spot into a wondrous sightseeing place as well. Hence this is one of the best destinations to enjoy after the pandemic in New Zealand with your loved ones.
Best time to visit: February – March
Major Attraction: Hole in the Rock, Renowned rock formation.
Read More: Summer Festivals in New Zealand
Queenstown is the most popular tourist destination of New Zealand, especially for adventure geeks. This is the best spot for experiencing the rush of adrenaline inside the tours after a boring halt of 1 year due to initial Covid-19 guidelines. You can try an endless chain of activities including Bungee jumping, white-water rafting, jet boating, rock climbing, paragliding, hiking, downhill skiing, mountain biking & so on. The list of such adrenaline-fueled sports will stay endless in Queenstown. In fact travelers can easily reach the International Airport on the South Island from this site, making it an immaculately connected place for exploration.
Best time to visit: June – August
Major Attractions: Explore gold mining towns and scenic views from snow-clad majestic ranges.
Don’t Miss: famous monuments in New Zealand
3. Abel Tasman National Park
Abel Tasman National Park is a famous destination to visit in New Zealand that serves as the hiker’s dream due to its wondrous features & activities. You are offered some of the most mystic wilderness amalgamated with weathered rock formations creating the hallucinating background of this national park. Out of all the trails, the Tasman Coast Trek is the best climb considered by a lot of travelers & hikers visiting this park regularly. Activities like Snorkeling, hiking, trekking, camping or just relaxing at the beautiful hotel stays make this tourist attraction more tempting and joyous. You can also expect the sightings of rare birds like blue penguins, wekas, wood pigeons, and oystercatchers suited best for any photographer who wishes to capture the unique flora & fauna of New Zealand.
Best time to visit: Throughout the year
Major Attractions: Split Apple Rock- a giant granite boulder spliced in two, seems like the shape of an apple.
4. White Island
White Island serves as the best spot of exploration for such explorers who always desire to witness something unique in their tours. The white island possesses the most active volcanoes in the country. The excitement is incomparable when the travelers ride across the lava erupting volcanoes through a helicopter ride. Such a mesmerizing active landscape of volcanoes is hard to find anywhere else. Since the erupting lava also releases various harmful gases therefore the travelers are required to wear gas masks and hard hats to avoid any form of harm to their bodies. Whereas, for the strong-willed and fearless tourists, scuba diving around the White Island to witness the underwater vents of the volcanoes is another adrenaline-pouncing challenge to administer. This is surely a must-visit tourist place in New Zealand to explore after Covid-19.
Best time to visit: September – April.
Major Attractions: Scuba diving underwater of the White Island.
5. Waitomo Glowworm Caves
Waitomo Glowworm Caves is yet another mind-blowing adventurous place in New Zealand to visit. Your trip can’t be complete without witnessing this exceptionally cool phenomenon where the illuminated thousands of glowworms in the Waitomo caves appear as if a magical realm of fiction books has come alive. You can also enjoy the black-water rafting float that takes you through the subterranean stream. This stream will be pitch-dark (except for the glowworms), to observe the magic of such a place at its peak. You can also later explore the numerous waterfalls cascading down the cave walls. Other caves such as Aranui Cave features exotic ancient cave decorations, Ruakuri Caves render an amazing spiral entrance with unique limestone formations. Such adventures will be the most exhilarating and exciting rides of your life
Best time to visit: November to April.
Major Attractions: Boat ride through the cave.
Also Read: Best Cities, Towns in New Zealand to Visit
Essential Things to Pack
- For Travel: Sunscreen, insect repellants, hiking boots, New Zealand adapter plug or Multi-plug, Bag Pack, layers of clothing(as weather is super unpredictable!).
- For Secure Travel: Passport, medicine prescriptions, Visa & other paperwork, Covid-19 test results, mask, sanitizers & face shield(in case of lethal infection in your throat).
Link Ad for Footer
Hope you liked this list of 5 safest places to visit in New Zealand during Covid-19. Surely, some dates are tentative depending on the next circulars passed by the government. Yet the mentioned latest updates on New Zealand Travel during Covid-19 have been immaculately added to maintain the best travel guide for your easy travel en routes in New Zealand according to the changing guidelines related to COVID-19. For more informative travelogues like these keep visiting Adequate Travel. Till then wear maks and be safe!
The post Best Places to Visit in New Zealand During Covid-19 | Complete Updates on New Zealand Tourism appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.