Greece is a southeastern country in Europe that is immensely famous for being the hub of thousands of islands throughout the Aegean and Ionian seas & the melting pot of ancient Greek history to the core. From the endless historical places to the fabulous island beaches, there are tonnes of must-visit tourists destination in Greece that any traveler must not miss. Yet, the current situation regarding pandemic has led to a total distraught of tourism industries in the world. Therefore have a look at the recent updates of Greece tourism in reckon to traveling during Covid-19. And try out your favorite safest place to visit in Greece mentioned below this year!
Top Updates on Greece Tourism 2021
- Tourists arriving from the EU, USA, UK, Israel, Serbia, Switzerland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Iceland, and the UAE are all welcomed for travel without the need for quarantine, provided they have a negative PCR test (within 72 hours before travel) or any certified proof that they’ve been fully vaccinated.
- Quarantine hotels are also ready to accommodate those who test positive during this process of arrival at checkpoints.
- Travelers can also board to famous tourist destinations of Greece via direct international flights to Athens, the east coast city of Thessaloniki, as well as in Crete, Rhodes, Kos, Mykonos, Santorini, and Corfu.
- Greece’s tourism minister, Harry Theoharis, said- the country will entirely open to tourism on May 14, but until then quarantine restrictions apply to other nations(Non-mentioned countries must wait as they aren’t permitted to travel, unless for essential reasons).
- Quarantine for seven days at their hotel or home is subjected to all the visitors irrespective of their nationality or Covid-19 test results.
- Negative tests (within 72 hours of departure), written in English, including the name and passport number of the person traveling, do not applicable to children under 10 years.
- All tourists must complete a Passenger Locator Form (PLF) prior to departure. It has the details of an individual’s location and their stay address in Greece. Each PLF possesses a unique QR code that must be scanned upon arrival at the Greek border.
- QR codes will tell you whether you require an additional test at the airport or not & If you do, then you must self-isolate until you have the results(for approx. 24 hours)
List of Top 5 Places to See in Greece During Covid-19
Santorini is one of the most pristine places to visit in Greece. This place has already been renowned for being the most redundant venue of numerous Bollywood as well as Hollywood movies. No filters attached! it really looks like as shown in movies. The classic whitewashed buildings, with various colorful houses, spiral narrow pathways, towering sapphire domes, and gushing azure water on the coasts. Everything seems like a perfectly set painting of an artist. Along with scenic beauty, there are endless ancient monasteries, churches, cathedrals, monuments, and buildings you to explore incessantly. Santorini is also known for its amazing skydiving hotspots in Greece. So adventure geeks set your hopes high for this travel destination in Greece this year! The cheapest options to stay in Santorini are Caldera Butterfly Villas, Mirsini Pansion, and Meli Meli costing just up to INR 1,200 on off nights.
Delphi is another unique place in Greece to visit, popular for its rich collection of archaeological sites, out of which the Oracle is the most ancient one to explore. In fact, the pilgrims still abode from the Mediterranean seeking Apollo, the God. You can still visit the ruins of the Temple of Apollo dating back to the 4th century BC. Other major attractions that you must not miss are the Athenian Treasury, Castalian Spring, Ancient Theatre & Stoa of the Athenians. Surely, this is the best place to see in Greece to get hold of the majestic historical beauty of Greece along with breath-taking adventures like hikes at Corycian Cave, exploring the ruins at the Temple of Athena, etc. Nidimos Hotel, & Acropole Delphi Hotel are the best budget options costing around INR 3,000 to INR 4,000 per night.
Read More: Top Monuments of Athens to Visit
Zakynthos is the ideal summer holiday destination in Greece to explore. It is an island nestled in the Ionian Islands infused with mesmerizing beaches and mind-blowing scenic landscapes. If you got lucky you can even spot the endangered Caretta Caretta sea turtles up close at the fabulous beaches of Zakynthos. Out of all Navagio beach, is immensely famous for its crystal clear waters best suited for snorkeling, scuba diving & other underwater activities. Navagio also hosts the best nightlife in Greece(Yes! Along with recreational activities too). Other popular beach spots to enjoy your summers in Greece are Gerakas Beach, MV Panagiotis & Paralia Porto Vromi. Some of the ideal budget-friendly staying options include Cubaneros Holiday Inn, Markanna Lilianna Villas ranging from INR 5,000 to INR 12,000 depending on your necessities
Naxos is the dreamland for nature admirers. It is the biggest and the greenest island settled on the floors of Greece. For sure your trip can’t be complete unless you explore this popular place to visit in Greece. It is the land of the highest mountains, enveloped inside the velvety valleys, luscious green gorges, surrounded by ancient villages, and the most hallucinating seascapes that you might not have seen ever before. With the stone-paved valleys incredible architectural heritage of the Cycladic and Medieval monuments, it’s the perfect combination of nature and monuments that you must visit once. To try out the classic experience of visiting this island, simmer yourself into the wine tasting gardens at Nostimon Hellas, or try scrumptious seafood at Patatosporos, with smokey meat dinner at Taverna Giannis. Esperides Hotel, AmazeU Suites, and Adriani Hotel are the perfect options for stay costing around INR 3,000 to 4,000 per night.
Crete is one of the largest islands in Greece that administers tonnes of tourists every year due to its prosperous Greek archaeological sites and splendid historical monuments. This place is the ideal example of a history geek’s itinerary list. Ranging from museum tours, monastery visits, to fun boating you will receive all kinds of fun here. Whereas the long extended coastlines, wreathed with mystic mountains, and rocky terrains Crete becomes super glorious. Some of the must-visit destinations of Greece that you should add to your itinerary are Elafonissi Beach, deep blue water exploration of Balos Lagoon, artifacts at Heraklion Archaeological Museum, wine tasting tours at Manousakis Winery & savoring the organically prepared natural food at Ntounias. The ideal luxury options to stay in Crete are Blue Palace Resort & Spa, Minoa Palace Resort & Spa, and Ilianthos Village Luxury Hotel.
Read More: Best Foods to Try in Athens
Essential Things to Pack
- Sunscreen, hats, summer vacation clothing, water shoes, insect repellants, European adapters/plugs & reusable water bottles.
- In First aid kids, apart from casual meds for a loose motion or usual fever, this time you must not miss an ASTM-certified surgical mask along with a cloth mask(to practice the double masking technique) & well-adjusted sets of sanitizers for personal protection.
Hope you guys can spot the light of hope for traveling the world again after the harrowing year pandemic across the world. Greece is the best place to spend your vacations. Well-maintained measures of the government make this place among the safest place to travel during Covid-19. Along with umpteen historical monuments and mesmerizing islands it’s the nicest relaxing vacation to spend with your loved ones. The given list of best places to visit in Greece above will make your travel easier and exciting. Whereas don’t forget to read the initial updates regarding travel in Greece during Covid-19 surges according to their government guidelines.For more updates and engaging travelogues keep visiting Adequate Travel Blogs. Till then be safe & keep others safe too!
The post Latest Updates on Greece Travels| Best Places to Visit in Greece 2021 appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.