Belize is a coastal nation of Central America that is blessed with a splendid Caribbean shoreline on the east and dense tropical jungles to the west. Apart from its beach sand beauty, this nation is also known for its Barrier Reef systems. There are astonishing wonders of the world for you to explore. Hence, marking out some of the marvelous places in Belize to visit that you must not miss for sure. And, for that to accomplish here I am! This brief list of 5 bewildering places to see in Belize sorting out your ‘where to visit in Belize? Section’ I grant you a bonus travel restriction guideline in Belize 2021 edition. This guideline will hopefully answer all your queries regarding the travel ban protocols in Belize during Covid-19 & make your travel easier to plan and secure.
Updated Travel Guidelines in Belize 2021
- Completely vaccinated travelers will be exempted from the regular PCR COVID-19 test results if they showcase the certified proofs of their 2 full doses of vaccination.
- All other passengers must have negative COVID-19 PCR test results taken at least 96 hours prior to travel for landing in Belize.
- Belize’s travel commute is possible now only via air/flights. All land borders and seaports are closed for further notice of the government.
- All foreign passengers must follow certain travel restrictions to Belize (which are subjected to change) as follows:
- Travelers must pre-book accommodation from an approved hotel. To check out the approved hotel list Click here.
- Travelers must download the Belize Health App, to register your trip with your booking confirmation number & other essential details. This keeps track of your travel inside the premises of Belize.
- Travelers must try to get the negative COVID-19 PCR test result 72 hours prior to departure for a secured transit from the nation.
- Those travelers who couldn’t present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result at the airport will be tested, at the airport at their own expense(The cost of the rapid antigen test at the airport is 50 USD). Travelers must wait for the results before commuting somewhere else from the airport.
- To know more about the rapid antigen testing rates visit here
- Travelers who are found positive from Covid-19 will be subjected to 14 days of mandatory quarantine at their own expense. To be released from quarantine, you must show two negative Covid-19 test results after your complete recovery.
- Approved transportation that passengers can pre-book to reach their accommodations is private shuttles, hotel transfers, airport rental cars, golf cart rentals, domestic flights, and airport taxis according to current travel restriction guidelines of Belize.
- Travelers will be asked for proof of transportation arrangements by the officials at the airport, so make sure you book your commutes securely.
- Children below the age of 5 entering Belize, are not subjected to present negative COVID-19 test results.
Other generalized Belize Covid-19 restrictions include:
- Since nationwide daily curfew is in effect in Belize whose hours range from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. while on Friday and Saturday nights the curfew in Belize is extended until 12:00 midnight.
- Masks must be worn in all public places. Children under 6 years are exempted from wearing the masks.
- Masks are also required on tours, with some exceptions which will be explained by your tour guide.
- Gathering in public places is still completely restricted.
- Restaurants are allowed to operate only up to 75% capacity.
- Bars still remain closed to avoid any form of mob gatherings(Belizeans are super crazy about football matches so, need exclusive restrictions at the bars).
List of 5 Best Places to Visit in Belize
1. Lighthouse Reef Atoll
Lighthouse Reef Atoll is one of the farthest shore of Belize’s three atolls which is immensely famous for its Great Blue Hole. This is one of the top tourist places to visit in Belize for nature lovers and divers. The Six cays(Belize’s island) surround a turquoise lagoon, enveloped by white-sand beaches, coconut palms, and fascinating coral formations to exhibit. The Great Blue Hole is the major tourist attraction of this place which is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Natural Monument. Another renowned travel destination which you mustn’t miss is the Half Moon Caye Natural Monument that houses a colony of about 4,000 red-footed boobies(Its a large seabird, Not what you were thinking!) and many other spectacular species of birds to watch.
2. Placencia Peninsula
Placencia Peninsula is a popular fishing village and beach resort in Belize. Travelers find this popular place to visit in Belize as a complete package of luxury in one bowl. Whether it’s about basking in the sun amidst the most surreal beaches of Belize or savoring the immensely scrumptious seafood meals at the excellent restaurant. This destination will suffice all your needs to make you, relaxed and stress-free in a single day. Adventurous activities to explore here include fishing, kayaking, diving, and snorkeling in the Silk Cayes Marine Reserve crystal clear water. Still, if you ask Placenic Belize what to do? Then try visiting the last wonder of this island-The Laughing Bird Caye National Park; a UNESCO World Heritage Site, infused with exciting hiking trails and coral reefs.
Caracol is another best area to visit in Belize that is situated high on the Vaca Plateau. Its height is around 500 meters (1650 feet) above sea level. Caracol is the largest Maya site in Belize which you can exhibit with an entire 360-degree tour ride. This place was once among the largest ancient Maya cities in Belize that was inhabited by an estimated population of about 150,000 Mayan people. It was constructed between 484 AD and 889 AD when over 40 monuments were built along with this spectacular architecture. If you wanna witness the largest pyramid in Caracol its is Cana (Sky Place), measuring around 143 feet in height.
4. Belize Barrier Reef
Belize Barrier Reef is regarded as the second-largest coral reef system in the world after the Great Barrier Reef. This natural wonder is about 300 kilometers (190 miles) long. The reef comprises the section of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System. Other popular adventures which attract tonnes of tourist every year to this famous place to visit in Belize are scuba diving and snorkeling. Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System serves as amazing security envelop that includes 7 marine reserves, 450 cays, and 3 atolls covering a large portion of the reef as a protective pouch.
5. Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve
Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve might seem like a boring tour for those who are lazy and wish to slouch on their beds, on a vacation spot. But this place to visit in Belize is a jack of all trades! You will be offered a soothing realm in contrast to the tropical humidity of the other coasts of Belize. Higher elevation keeps the atmosphere cool & becomes your natural savior from mosquitoes. Hiking among the pine forests is a natural gateway to explore this splendor of Belize. Río Frio Cave & Nature Trail, which was once used by the Maya tribe as a burial ground is now a popular touring hotspot at this reserve. Thousand Foot Falls(or Hidden Falls) where river breaches through the center of the cave & surrounds numerous hiking trails is another ideal adventure zone to explore. You can lazily enjoy scenic views of the entire peninsula from the observation platform of this reserve without any extra tiring ride. So win-win dude!
Read More: Major Cities in Belize
Hope you’ve benefited from this brief list of 5 top places to go in Belize that are infused with amazing adventure and fabulous architectures. The rich history of Belize’s tribal world and a fascinating combination of white sand beaches make this place a perfect tourist destination to visit this year. Yet there are essential travel guidelines in Belize during COVID-19 that every traveler must follow to ensure their as well as others’ safety. Don’t panic just plan! Everything will be fine. We will fight back from this pandemic together.