Barbados is a spectacular eastern Caribbean island that is extremely known for its holiday adventurous activities and breath-taking beaches. The Caribbean grants this location amazing sets of white sand beaches, botanical gardens & mystic Harrison’s Cave formations with wonderous stalactites & stalagmites hangings. There are endless famous places to visit in Barbados which any travelers mustn’t miss. Yet the current Covid-19 pandemic has restricted a lot of travelers from adventures & expeditions. Unlike others, this island has reopened its borders for tourism again. But certain Covid-19 travel restrictions in Barbados are implemented to keep the situations and contagiousness of the virus under control. So brace yourself with all the essential information regarding the travel updates in Brabdos 2021 from here!
Travel Updates in Barbados During Covid-19
- All the passengers arriving in Barbados must complete a Pre-Arrival online Embarkation/Disembarkation (ED) form(should be done at least 24hrs before arrival).
- The form will include ED information, such as the passenger’s destination address, health information, etc. The form will also allow the up-gradation of COVID-19 PCR test results on the subjected traveler’s ID. To check the form please visit www.travelform.gov.bb.
- There are separate travel restriction guidelines in Barbados for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers landing in the country.
Vaccinated Passengers must:
- Provide certified proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result( taken 3 days prior to travel). The approved COVID-19 vaccinates according to Barbados travel guidelines for Covid-19 are AstraZeneca, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Johnson & Johnson effective May 8, 2021.
- The negative Covid-19 test result certification does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Provide a vaccination certificate(with acceptable vaccine administrations) on arrival in Barbados.
- Commute through a designated transportation provider towards their approved accommodation address.
- Stay at their approved accommodation until their test arrives.
- Have to quarantine for approximately one to two days after the test results.
Unvaccinated Passengers must:
(Comprises those who have not been completely vaccinated, not vaccinated at all, do not possess any evidence of vaccination, or have transited through a country where the pervasiveness of certain variants of COVID-19 are deemed)
- Provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test on arrival that must be taken three days prior to arrival in Barbados.
- Commute through the designated transportation providers for their travel from the airport to approved accommodation addresses.
- Stay at their accommodations before receiving a second negative COVID-19 PCR test results according to travel updates in Barbados Corona protocol.
- Take the second last test five days after their arrival to Barbados.
- Practice quarantine for approximately five to seven days at their existing accommodations(unless the health recovers).
- All unaccompanied minors below the age of 18 must provide certifications for their negative COVID-19 PCR test result(taken at least 3 days prior to arrival)
For more latest travel updates on Barbados check: www.barbadostravelprotocols.com.
Lockdown measures have also been mitigated in Barbados from the 15th of March 2021 as follows:
- Curfew has been relaxed and now persists from 9 pm to 6 am only, in Barbados for everyone.
- People are allowed to access the beach from 6 am to 9 am and from 3 pm to 6 pm seven days a week.
- People are now allowed to exercise in public places(while following all the regulated COVID-19 guidelines) every day from 6 am to 6 pm.
- All retail businesses are also allowed to open while following the fundamental COVID-19 guidelines.
List of Places to Visit in Barbados 2021
1. Carlisle Beaches
Carlisle Bay is a fabulous holiday destination in Barbados that is renowned for its pristine beaches and adventurous water activities. It is nestled on the edge of Bridgetown. The mesmerizing long stretches of blond beaches with gushing crystal-clear turquoise waters on the shore make this place an ideal place to visit in Barbados after Covid-19. Pebble Beach, Brownes Beach, and Bayshore Beach are some of the top beaches situated along the bay, that serve as an enticing spot for travelers to enjoy their quality time. Carlisle beaches are also famous for their exciting water adventures that include scuba diving, snorkeling, and exploring the underwater shipwreck. One major historic attraction at this incredible place is the Needham’s Point Lighthouse that you mustn’t miss.
2. Bathsheba Bay
Bathsheba Bay is another spectacular place in Barbados to visit across the rugged Atlantic coast. Bathsheba Bay the ideal place to explore the majestic wonders of an ocean. The splendid beaches are popular amongst the surfers due to their high tides formed due to the remains of ancient coral reefs. But beware as it is not a perfect place to go swimming on a sunny day. As there are various huge rocks under the ocean that can be immensely lethal if high-speed waves hit you amidst the swim. The water in the bay is shallow, hence the surf creates a white lather, which accumulates onto the surface justifying its name ‘Soup Bowl’, a term internationally popular in the surfing community.
Read More: historical monuments in Barbados
3. Animal Flower Cave
Animal Flower Cave is the northern adventure hotspot of the city, that comes among the top places to visit in Barbados. If you got lucky and your vacation months land between February to April, then you have a fair chance of seeing humpback whales from the cliffside having fun in the city. Make sure you book a cave tour that will be the most enthusiastic rides you would enjoy at this tourist destination. For trying new scrumptious meals head above the cave where a surreal restaurant and a few vendors set up in stalls sell trinkets and other amazing traditional dishes of the city. There’s no need to bluff that the restaurant offers incredible views of the entire ocean!
4. Crane Beach
Crane Beach is a beautiful soft-sand beach that is located in a cove on the Atlantic coast. This beach is surrounded by high natural walls which you can easily explore on your visit. Whereas the white sand, mixed with light shades of pink, aside the crystal clear azure and turquoise water of the sea makes it one of the must-visit tourist destinations in Barbados. The castle-style built nestled on the cliff is the luxury Crane Resort which is the top luxury hotspot for travelers coming from various nations. The resort also provides easy access to the beach via a lift or a long set of stairs exclusive to its visitors.
Read more: best cities in Barbados to visit
5. St Nicholas Abbey
St Nicholas Abbey is an adorable ancient building that is also one of the three Jacobean mansions in the entire Western hemisphere. This is amongst the major monumental attraction of Barbados that administers numerous visitors every year. With the impending amalgamation of plantation, museum, and rum distillery, it is the best place to visit in Barbados with your loved ones. The main building in this structure was constructed in 1658 as a plantation nursery but now it has progressed into various sections. Those who wish to witness a scenic view of the city can head towards Cherry Tree Hill, which is a popular lookout area over the island facing the Atlantic Seaside.
Essential Things to Pack
- Sunscreen, hats, summer vacation clothing, water shoes, insect repellants & reusable water bottles.
- In First aid kids, apart from casual meds for a loose motion or usual fever, this time you must not miss an ASTM-certified surgical mask along with a cloth mask(to practice the double masking technique) & well-adjusted sets of sanitizers for personal protection.
Hope you all liked the aforementioned suggestions of the top 5 places to see in Barbados after Covid-19. There are many more amazing activities to explore on this fabulous island. But before any further plans, you must administer the updated travel guidelines in Barbados during Covid-19 that are implemented for everyone’s safety. For more engaging travelogues like these keep visiting Adequate Travel Blogs. Till then be safe and wear masks in public places!
The post Latest Travel Restrictions to Barbados| Top 5 Places to Visit in Barbados 2021 appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.