Antigua Barbdua is a Carribean Island nation. Due to its exotic location nestled at the junction of Atlantic & Caribbean Sea it is extremely known for its reef-lined beaches, relaxing resorts & historical colonial attractions. Such a wondrous tourist destination completely has the top places to visit in Antigua Barbuda in its pandora box that will blow your minds. This island managed to accustom some of the safest places in Antigua Barbuda to visit even during Covid-19. There are other concerns regarding the travel such as what are the restrictions in Antigua for travelers? And so on. Hence find yourself a brief guide on the latest Covid-19 tourism updates of Antigua Barbuda along with a list of the 5 best places in Antigua Barbuda to explore this year!
Updates on Travel Restrictions in Antigua Barbuda
- All the passengers arriving or departing through Antigua and Barbuda must have a certified test to show the negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test results. The test must be taken at most 7 days before departure.
- The test is not applicable to passengers younger than 12 years.
- All the Passengers are subjected to a 14 days quarantine period after arrival.
- Sometimes, few passengers could also be subjected to COVID-19 test upon arrival considering their existing conditions.
- All passengers have to submit a Health Declaration Form to the Port Health Authorities upon their arrival under the travel restriction guidelines of Antigua Barbuda.
- Those passengers or airline crew who need to transit via Antigua Barbuda must stay at a hotel or at a designated facility until their next flight.
- For more detailed travel updates in Antigua Barbuda Visit: https://visitantiguabarbuda.com/travel-advisory/
- A State of Emergency was also launched in Antigua Barbuda until 30 June 2021 whose main highlights(that travelers must know) are:
- Everyone must wear face masks at any public place in Antigua Barbuda.
- All bars and gyms are closed until 15 April 2021 in Antigua Barbuda.
- The in-house dining at restaurants is permitted with only 25 people or less altogether. Whereas, groups of 5 persons or less are only permitted at the same table if proper social distancing is followed.
- Antigua Barbuda’s beaches are closed from 7pm on 1 April 2021 until 5am on 6 April 2021. Offshore islands will also be closed during this period.
- Not more than two people can travel together in the same vehicle until they are members of the same household.
- Only licensed taxis are allowed to commute passengers at VC Bird International Airport; No private vehicles are allowed for the drop offs.
- Until 15 April 2021 same restrictions apply to weddings, funerals, and baptisms where upto 25 participants are only allowed to gather; no celebrations with mob gathering are allowed to happen after the service.
List of Top 5 Places to Visit in Antigua Barbuda
1. Dickenson Bay, Antigua
Dickenson Bay is one of the most famous places to visit in Antigua that explorers love to enjoy during their vacations. Its breath-taking vibes with immensely relaxing resorts and restaurants nestled on the powdery white sand, beaches make it an ideal destination to enjoy with your loved ones. There are a wide range of water sports activities that all the enthusiastic travelers can try during their stay. With a secured protection of the offshore reef, this place is considered best for swimming. Infact, it is renowned for being Antigua’s top windsurfing scene. Dickenson Bay is also popular for its classic red phone booths, that you might notice in a lot of travel images.
2. Devil’s Bridge, Antigua
Devil’s Bridge is one of the wondrous destinations of Antigua that perfectly justifies its unique name. This is a natural wonder of limestone which is sculpted over the centuries due to the pounding surf on the rugged northeast coast of Indian Town National Park. The dramatic scenery along with gushing geysers of water through the blowholes in the nearby rock makes it a fabulous place to visit in Antigua. You can also win over some incredibly rewarding hikes and excellent birding at this park of Antigua. It is proposed that there are more than 36 avian species inhabited in the park among the acacia trees. Whereas the eastern junction of the park is known to have an Arawak campsite which is supremely famous amongst the trekkers.
3. St. John’s, Antigua
St. John’s is basically a cruise ship port of Antigua and Barbuda which is always crowded due to endless ships on the harbour. Yet this year due to Covid-19 pandemic the solitary ports of the city is the ideal opportunity to enjoy this popular place to visit in Antigua. Apart from gushing ports there are numerous candy-colored colonial cottages and market stalls that are flooded with tropical fruits and flowers every summer. Whereas, the skyline prompted with white neo-Baroque towers of St. John’s Cathedral makes this place a complete heavenly adventure. You can also head over towards the popular Museum of Antigua and Barbuda to explore more about it’s history. One of the top fun parts of visiting a port city in Antigua is shopping. Duty-free shops at Heritage Quay, & ively harborside public markets are the best places to be on Fridays and Saturdays due to the cheapest prices & heavy discounts on every product.
4. Darby Cave, Barbuda
Darby Cave is the best adventurous rides to explore in Barbuda during your holidays. This is the perfect adventure for those who always seek new experiences on their trips. In fact this is not exactly a cave, it is a sinkhole that was caused due to the dissolution of limestone measuring more than 100 meters in diameter. This is one of the top places to visit in Barbuda especially for the nature lovers.The sinkhole has provided an immaculate ecosystem for the lush vegetation flourishing inside. It seems as if a rainforest has been settled inside a sinkhole with all kinds of ferns, tall palmetto palms, and thick lianas wreathing around the tree trunks. The perpetually dripping water has also created epic stalagmites under the overhang which you can witness under the guided tours of this cave.
5. Martello Tower, Barbuda
Martello Tower is one the must visit tourist destinations of Barbuda that outlines your entire trip on a soothing note. It is17-meter-high tower and regarded as the tallest building in Barbuda. Your trip won’t be complete until you explore this famous place in Barbuda Carribean to visit once. Historically this tower was constructed by the Britishers as defensive buildings that can be spotted all across the British Empire. Hence it is also considered as the oldest of its kind in the Caribbean. Martello tower now serves a perfect spot for legendary panoramic clicks lying a few miles south of the village beside a river. In 2017, Hurricane Irma enveloped the entire island, decimating 90 percent of Barbuda’s structures yet this tower was still standing without any scratch. Surely, this epic wonder must come under your expedition itinerary of Antigua Barbuda.
Read More: Major Cities in Antigua and Barbuda
Essential Things to Pack
- Sunscreen, hats, summer vacation clothing, water shoes, insect repellants, reusable water bottles & goggles.
- In First aid kids, apart from casual meds for a loose motion or usual fever, this time you must not miss an ASTM-certified surgical mask along with a cloth mask(to practice the double masking technique) & well-adjusted sets of sanitizers for personal protection.
Hope you guys have regained the lost hope of traveling again after such a harrowing year of pandemic all across the world. Antigua Barbuda is the best place to spend your vacations in the ideal luxurious resorts and stress-free environment. The solitary destinations and well-maintained measures makes it one of the safest places to travel during Covid-19. Mesmerizing water activities and scrumptious seafood, with your loved ones, is totally perfect according to this year’s terrible experiences. Try out the given list of best places to see in Antigua Barbuda & don’t forget to read the initial updates regarding Antigua Barbuda Travel during Covid-19 surges according to their government guidelines.For more updates and engaging travelogues keep visiting Adequate Travel Blogs. Till then be safe, keep your masks Up
The post Latest Travel Restrictions in Antigua Barbuda| Best Places to Visit in Antigua Barbuda appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.