Austria is the Alpine country in the southern part of Europe. It is immensely famous for its incredible collection of iconic wonders. Ranging from prodigious musicians like Mozart to the architectural glory of Vienna it is filled with amazing destinations any traveler mustn’t miss. Yet, the current situation of COVID-19 rings an alarm bell of safety before planning any travel outside our countries. Hence, try out this brief glance over the latest travel guidelines of Austria that aids your travel safety. Whereas the given list of 5 safest places in Austria to visit during summers makes your holiday plans more interesting & full of adventure. So no more bluffing let’s get straight into the details!
Updated Travel Guidelines in Austria During COVID-19
- All the passengers are subjected to fill a Pre-Travel Clearance (PTC) online form before arrival in Austria.
- All the passengers possessing Schengen and non-Schengen Visa traveling from countries that are not currently considered as high-risk zones can travel without the restrictions of quarantine and present negative COVID-19 test results.
- The aforementioned countries which are entirely allowed to travel are Australia, Finland, Greece, Iceland, New Zealand, Norway, Singapore, South Korea, and the Vatican.
- The rest of the countries or the Third-country nationals are currently barred from entering Austria for any non-essential purposes
- All the travelers have to undergo 10 days quarantine on arrival in Austria at their own expense.
- All the passengers arriving in Austria have to provide certified negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test results of their further travel. Those who cannot provide the test on arriving at the airport must take a COVID-19 test within 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Flights from South Africa, India, and Brazil are recently banned from landing in Austria due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in the respective countries.
- Effective from 1st June 2021, a landing ban for flights arriving from the UK will also be implemented to sustain the strict COVID-19 travel restrictions in Austria.
- In the case of general COVID-19 restriction guidelines of Austria the public indoor and some outdoor spaces (such as hotels, restaurants, events, etc.), now majorly require either a negative COVID-19 PCR test or proof of vaccination for entry.
- FFP2 masks are ordered to be worn at all public transport and other public spaces in Austria.
- Travelers can take a sigh of relief as the shops, museums, culture, and leisure facilities are open while following all the regulated COVID-19 safety measures. Events can also take place under strict protective measures to avoid any infectious transmissions.
List of 5 Safe Places to Visit in Austria
Alpbach is a renowned place to visit in Austria for, summer holidays. It is majestically tucked in the midst of crystal snow-capped Austrian Alps that offers an incredible location, for all kinds of ice sports. This town is enormously famous for skiing and sledding over the mesmerizing snow of the Austrian winters. Yet, the unwavering picturesque wooden farmhouses, scenic cattle fields, and the skilled craftsmanship of the locals add up to the wondrous adventure of this town.
Time To Visit: August-September, February
Styria is a southern state in Austria, that is well-known for its aged wines and incredibly constructed castles. Since it is regarded as the highly forested mountain region in Austria with endless snow-capped mountains in the background, travelers are offered top panoramic shots without any extra effort here. The Gesäuse National Park and the Herberstein Zoo are some of the must-visit places in Austria that are nestled in Styria. It also represents the indigenous and Baroque structure buildings that were iconic during their times of glory.
Time To Visit: June-August, September, and October
Read More:Major Cities in Austria
If your flare for the wine love hasn’t been intoxicated yet, Wachau is another wine empire that you can enjoy in Austria. Nestled near the beautiful Danube River, this rich valley is the best place to visit in Austria with your loved ones. It is also the UNESCO World Heritage site due to its cultural significance and exceptional natural aura. Wachau Valley is very popular among wine connoisseurs as some of the top white wines in the world are manufactured at this destination. For some of the religious folks out there, magnificent monasteries such as baroque Melk monastery, castles, and fortresses are some of the perfect attractions to exhibit.
Time To Visit: March-June
Worthersee is the ideal summer holiday place to visit in Austria 2021. They offer mind-blowing activities like canoeing, spelunking, along with sightseeing tours for the pretty churches, and the hometown of Porsche all combining to yield a perfect travel package for your summers. It also offers numerous opportunities for swimming, boating, and canoeing in the natural hotspots of the city to explore the place individually. You can also try to visit Griffen Stalactite caves for some thrill and exploration. As 12th-century ancient Cathedral of Gurk & a Gmund the birthplace of Porsche is the major landmark of Austria that you must not miss.
Time To Visit: April, November-December
Tyrol is a beautiful place in Austria to visit that is located in the Western regions of the Alps. This place is a popular ski resort destination which administers endless tourists every year due to its fabulous services & excitement. There are numerous historical attractions that include Ambras Castle, Ehrenberg Castle, and Kufstein Fortress which you must tour once in Austria. Its capital city Innsbruck is also another world-known holiday destination for exploring ancient Austria. You can easily find meticulously ornated ancient gothic churches and traditional baroque-style buildings and palaces representing the golden era of Austria.
Time To Visit: April-May, September-October
Read More: Must Visit Austria Restaurants
Hope you’ve enjoyed this list of the 5 safest places to visit in Austria 2021 suggested so far! There are many other hugely famous places in Austria to explore such as the Birthplace of iconic music prodigy -Mozart in Salzburg that brings more adventure to the Austrian tour. But the Covid-19 restricted guidelines for travel convert a lot of journeys into a battle of the paper struggle for certificates & visas. Hence, the aforementioned guidelines along with the top 5 places to visit in Austria this summer will suffice all your travel taste. For more engaging blogs like these head on to other travelogues of Adequate Travels Blogs.Till then be safe & follow all the subjected Covid-19 guidelines.