Cuba is a renowned holiday country that is blessed with a spectacular locations of Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic Ocean’s juntcion. With such an astonishing mixture this is suited best for beaches, wwater sports & fabulous food menus altogether. Apart from its beach beauty, this nation is also known for its the legendary historical remarks. Hence, I am pointing out some of the marvelous places in Cuba to visit 2021 that you must not miss for sure. And, this brief list of 5 bewildering places to see in Cuba sorting out your questions regarding is there travel band in Cuba? Keeps you updated over the travel restriction guideline in Cuba. This guideline will hopefully answer all your queries regarding the travel ban protocols in Cuba during Covid-19 & make your travel easier to plan and secure.
Updated Travel Restrictions to Cuba
- Effective from 10 January 2021, all passengers traveling to Cuba must present the certified proof of negative PCR test results taken at least 72 hours prior to travel.
- Non-residents of Cuba who are unable to present a negative COVID-19 PCR test result will undergo the test on arrival. Such passengers will also have to stay at a designated isolation center until their second negative PCR test results arrive after 5 days.
- Passengers have to manage the entire expense of PCR testing at the airport along with isolated accommodations on their own according to recent travel updates of Cuba during COVID-19.
- Isolation or quarantine locations sanctioned for foreign residents are specified by the relevant Ministry of Cuba.
- Passengers whose first COVID-19 PCR test was positive (even if you arrive with a negative PCR test during your departure to Cuba) will have to go into a hospital or center run by the Ministry of Public Health before traveling to Cuba.
- The cost of all the hospital expenses or center must be paid by the passengers taking the facility via credit card when discharged. Otherwise, the payment will be arranged directly from their respective travel insurance company.
- Travelers exempted from presenting COVID-19 PCR test result in Cuba are as follows:
- Passengers arriving from Poland;
- Passengers arriving through Air Canada (AC), Air Transat (TS), or WestJet (WS) are also exempted from presenting the results.
- Passengers arriving from Poland can also show a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result certified at least 5 days before arrival.
- All the passengers have to complete a Health Declaration Form (with their destination address or where they will be staying) and have a COVID-19 RT-PCR test.
- Passengers will be paying a health tax of USD 30 or equivalent when they board the flights for Cuba as a mark of their safety
- Travelers who are Nationals of Cuba are even allowed to enter the country with an expired passport that was issued after 1 January 2014 according to current travel guidelines of Cuba during Covid-19.
According to recent Covid-19 travel warnings in Cuba, there are certain local guidelines that are applicable for all as follows:
- Wearing a face mask in public is compulsory for all in Cuba
- Shops in Havana are allowed to open between 9 am to 5 pm from Monday to Saturday and between 9 am to 1 pm on Sundays.
- Cafés, bars, and restaurants that are allowed to open must follow the regulated Covid-19 restriction guidelines to ensure the safety of their customers.
- Takeaway food delivery is still allowed in Havana only. But drinking alcohol in public or hosting or attending a large gathering or party in Havana is still not allowed.
- Public parks can open only between 5 am and 7 pm in Havana, Cuba.
- Swimming pools are open but acquire a limited capacity to restrict the superfluous visits. Public pools in Havana are closed from 10 January 2021.
- One very sad NEWS! Beaches in Havana are closed. But, beaches outside Havana are open, with a limited number of people allowed to gather.
- Anyone who does not follow the local COVID rules will be heavily fined or even prosecuted in the courts of Cuba.
List of 10 Places to Visit in Cuba this Summer
Varadero is one of the most beautiful Caribbean beaches in Cuba. With golden sand and clear water extending along the Peninsula de Hicacos on the north coast of Cuba makes this a surreal hotspot for relaxing on your holidays. You can spend some time at Parque Josone, which is regarded as the home of mystic flower gardens & a rejuvenating lake. It is the perfect place to visit in Cuba during the summers to enjoy a serene holiday with your family. You can also try exciting water activities such as paddle boating, swimming, and snorkeling to see some of Cuba’s unique marine life in Varadero.
Read More: Top 5 Places to Visit in Cuba
El Morro is the most famous place to visit in Cuba for the history buff. One of the special events that you must not miss here, is the cannon firing ceremony at El Morro castle every night at 9 pm. Dressed in 18th-century military clothes, all the soldiers’ fire shots from the canon out into the Caribbean to commemorate the old classics. This practice was once done as an alarm bell against armies and pirates for closing the protection walls of Cuba. Today you can get an amazing panoramic view from the castle that is worth visiting for sure. You can also sneak up a little early to catch the sunset during before the show for a nice memorable experience of Cuban skyines.
Read More: Famous Monuments of Cuba
3. Hemingway Museum
Delineating this wonder would be a shame for Hemingway himself! This Museum as stated is completely dedicated to the legendary author & poet Ernest Hemingway. Cuba was his former home. You can find some of the greatest books in their original forms here. One of the best-preserved items related to Hemingway’s life can be easily witnessed at this iimmensely popular place to visit in Cuba. You can also enjoy the cuban band that usually plays out in the front of this musuem near a rum bar with your beloved. Surely, finding funny little anecdotes about the author’s life is the golden take-away you’ll receive at this exciting museum of Cuba.
Read More: topoutdoor activity in Cuba
Coppelia was the iconic first ice-cream shop in Cuba. Later this shop became a cultural icon among the citizens. The shop was first established in 1966 over the orders of Fidel Castro himself. You’ll be amazed to explore this exciting place in Cuba to visit along with your kids. They can discover the historical significane of a place while having delicious scoops of ice-cream under a UFO styled ice-cream shop. With concrete spokes protruding out from the top of the building it is an ideal destination to explore the wondrous journey of Cuban past.
5. Topes de Collantes National Park
Topes de Collantes National Park is nestled on the southern coast of the island about 25 minutes from Trinidad. The stunning and serene natural setting of this national park attracts numerous visitors every year. The tropical mountain Caribbean scenery is one of the exclusive wonders that you must not miss in Cuba. Apart from scenic views there are hiking trails breaching through the forests, leading to incredibly secretive places of the park. You’ll also find waterfalls, underground caves, and swimming holes to make your adventures more exciting & invigorating. This is one of the best place in Cuba to visit this summer. Don’t miss the golden chance to enjoy empty beaches afterall.
Read More: Major Cities in Cuba
Hope you’ve benefited from this brief list of 5 safe places to see in Cuba that are infused with amazing adventure and fabulous picturesque places. The rich history of Cuba’s tribal world and a fascinating combination of white & gold sand beaches make this place a perfect tourist destination to visit this summer. Yet there are essential travel guidelines in Cuba during COVID-19 that every traveler must follow to ensure their as well as others’ safety. Don’t panic just plan! Everything will be fine. We will fight back from this pandemic together.
The post Latest Travel Restrictions in Cuba| Top 5 Places to Visit in Cuba 2021 appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.