Chile or the Republic of Chile is a natural wonder that extends along the western edge of South America amidst the crystal clear water of the Pacific Ocean. Chile is the best summer holiday destination where you can enjoy the scenic views of The Andes and Chilean Coast Range mountains or try exploring the adventurous activities associated with the country’s palm-lined Plaza de Armas. Finding numerous exotic places in Chile to visit during summers is prominent. Yet the current conditions regarding the travel restrictions in Chile during COVID-19 require utmost care & safety while traveling. Therefore plan yourself a soothing vacation this year with a list of the 5 safest places to visit in Chile along with brief travel guidelines of Chile during pandemics for an exhilarating & safe journey ahead.
Updated Travel Restriction Guidelines in Chile
- A partial passenger ban has been in motion until 15 June 2021 according to the current travel ban in Chile during COVID-19.
- Passengers with the following conditions are exempted from the aforementioned ban:
- Chile nationals or residents or;
- Offspring of those nationals and residents of Chile(must carry certified proof of their relationship).
- Travelers with a diplomatic or official visa issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile;
- All the passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at least 72 hours prior to arrival in Chile.
- Passengers exempted from the aforementioned certified COVID-19 test result are:
- Passengers who are younger than 2 years;
- Passengers who are either nationals or residents of Chile with 2 medical certificates of Coronavirus (COVID-19) RT-PCR test results. First test taken at least 14 days or at most one month before departure, and the second test taken at most 72 hours prior to departure.
- All the passengers are subjected to self-isolation for 5 days at their own expense in a hotel booked from https://www.c19.cl/.
- All the passengers have to fill in “Passenger Tracking” for 14 days or until they leave Chile.
- Passengers must also submit an Affidavit for Travellers to Prevent Coronavirus Diseases (Declaracion Jurado) that can be accessed at www.c19.cl (fill at least 48 hours before arrival)
- All the passengers arriving are advised to possess travel insurance covering their COVID-19 expenses, with a minimum coverage of USD 30,000.
- The nationals of Chile & nationals of Spain with an E-CHL/09 and E-CH/11 form don’t need any form of insurance necessarily according to the latest COVID-19 travel restrictions in Chile.
- Currently, Chile is under a daily nationwide partial curfew from 11:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- For more information regarding travel guidelines in Chile 2021 visit here
List of Top 5 Places to Visit in Chile
Santiago is the capital city of Chile renowned for its cultural & historical significance. You can exhibit the high mountain views of the Cerro San Cristobal Park or explore the isolated history of poet Pablo Neruda’s writing retreat. This popular place to visit in Chile offers its visitors some of the top adventures of Chile’s environment. Its incredible activity zone includes skiing at Valle Nevado or Portillo, wine tasting at Vina Aquitania, museum exploration listing Museo Chile de Arte Precolumbio or Museo de la Moda. Apart from Santiago’s adventure delights, there are some hiking opportunities at the steep slopes of Cajon de Maipo which you must also try once.
Iquique is a famous beach destination in Chile which is also titled the ‘casino town’ due to its vibrant gambling scene. You can also explore the ancient 19th-century Georgian architecture like the Aztoreca Palace in Iquique. Surfing-lovers will be thrilled to participate in the world-famous surfing wave competition here. Paragliding or sand-boarding on the golden coast is another highlighted activity of this beach resort town. This is one of the famous places to visit in Chile that offers spectacular nightlife comprising of hot gambling scene, scrumptious cuisine and shopping in the duty-free district.
3. Chilean Lake District
Chilean Lake District is an active volcanic valley region that extends from Puerto Montt in the South to Temuco in the North. It was initially covered with luscious dense forests, crystal-clear lakes, and snowcapped volcanoes before the European invasion. Back in time, it was also inhabited by the exotic South American tribes- Mapuche. The natural glory of this top place to visit in Chile is truly unbeatable. You can still find the untouched lands of Los Alerces National Park, also known as Chile’s Yosemite as one of the best exemplars of Chilean Lake’s organic beauty & majestic valor.
4. Torres del Paine
Torres del Paine or the “towers of blue” is a renowned national park in Chile that accommodates a glaciated region on the Southern tip of Chile. It is named after the Three historic large pillars nestled in the premises of the park. It houses incredibly beautiful mountains and glaciated lakes. Usually, the entire place can be explored via walking but horseback tours to some of the sites are also available to enjoy the rides more effectively. There are endless guide companies that provide very budget-friendly tours to the entire national park, so don’t worry about being ‘lost in the jungle’. It isn’t Jumanji! It is the must-try place in Chile that you should explore once.
5. Easter Island
Easter Island is a magical place in Chile that is filled with lots of Easter bunnies! No, obviously I am kidding! In fact, it is a contrastingly opposite island that is treeless. And it is inhabited by the hundreds of giant, eerie hollow-eyed statues carved by its Polynesian visitors. Now they represent a strange & slightly scary image of an island which represents the iconic human artistry and achievement. Apart from staring back at those hollow eyes, you can try out hiking over the rocky plains, chill out at two white sand beaches with off-coast diving, or exhibit numerous native-run tours. Surely this is the best place to visit in Chile if you are also a fan of exploring unique places in the world.
Read More: best outdoor activities in Chile
Hope you’ve been encouraged enough to plan your next tours from the aforementioned list of top 5 places in Chile to visit while taking into account the various safety guidelines in Chile during Covid-19. There are many more majestic places that you can try on your own after the above-mentioned safe spots of the country. For further queries comment below other head on to our other engaging blogs like these, at Adqeaute Travel.
The post Latest Travel Restrictions in Chile| 5 Safe Places to Visit in Chile 2021 appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.