Synopsis: Hollongi Airport in Itanagar is ready for commercial flights after successful test landings. The airport is located about 15 kilometers outside of the city and has already passed the testing phase.
There is some encouraging news coming from Arunachal Pradesh. Itanagar’s Hollongi Airport, also called Donyi Polo Airport, is now ready to entertain flights in Itanagar. Indigo Airlines also had a successful test landing at this airport on Tuesday. There is nothing left to do but welcome the first passengers to the newly opened airport.
Pema Khandu, chief minister of Arunachal Pradesh, broke the news. On Twitter, he wrote, “Glad to share today’s test landing at Itanagar’s Donyi Polo airport aboard flight @IndiGo6E was a success. This is a watershed moment, as we’re making strides to make travel across our state as simple as possible. I’d like to thank everyone who has helped make life easier for others.
It's so satisfying and fulfilling to see IndiGo flight making a successful test landing at Donyi Polo airport. Ensuring better connectivity to our people is a top priority of my government. Rest assured we'll ensure we've many more flights from Itanagar.@PMOIndia @JM_Scindia pic.twitter.com/pcoZ6h3FLA
— Pema Khandu པདྨ་མཁའ་འགྲོ་། (@PemaKhanduBJP) October 18, 2022
The first stone of the airport’s foundation was placed in the year 2019. The airport’s readiness for operations means Prime Minister Narendra Modi will likely officially open it soon.
Itanagar, the state capital of Arunachal Pradesh, will be served by a new airport located about 15 kilometers outside of the city.
Key features of Donyi Polo Airport:
- About 15 kilometers from Itanagar, near the village of Hollongi, is where you’ll find the airport.
- At a total cost of INR 645 crore, the airport is being built by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) (estimated).
- The airport is now undergoing a 500-meter runway expansion so that A-321 aircraft can use it in the near future.
- The airport’s main terminal building covers an area of 4,100 square meters.
- The airport can hold up to 200 people during peak times.
- Passengers can use any of the eight available check-in counters.
The post Itanagar: Hollongi Airport is ready for operation after test landing appeared first on World Tour & Travel Guide, Get Travel Tips, Information, Discover Travel Destination | Adequate Travel.